Dream & Waking States

Giri gmadras at ENGR.UCDAVIS.EDU
Mon Jul 8 12:49:23 CDT 1996

On Mon, 8 Jul 1996, M Suresh wrote:

>   Again comparing the  waking and dream state we find  that the dream state
>   is not continous and consistent as the waking state.

        Did you make this observation in the dream state or in the waking
state ? You can only contend that the dream is unreal in the waking
state, and not while you are dreaming (unless you are dreaming lucidly).
This topic was discussed by Rama and Vidya during the initial stages of
this mailing list, and Rama pointed out it is unfair to deny the validity
of the dream in the waking state (and maybe he will explain it here again).
        Further, it may be interesting to note that the time to climb
stairs, or time taken to count from 1-10 etc (for example) is equal to the
time taken to do the same tasks while awake (this has been scientifically
proven).

Namaste.