Question on method of arriving at conclusions

Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian rbalasub at ECN.PURDUE.EDU
Wed Jul 10 13:44:58 CDT 1996

Kartik wrote:

>Suresh wrote:
>
>>   Only Brahman seems to satisfy the requirements you have given above. I was
>>  arguing
>>   from the standpoint of logic alone.
>>

>Actually, no. I mean: even mathematical truths like "2+2=4" cannot be denied by

Actually, yes :-). You are back to "2+2=4"! For advaitins
"non-contradictability" means it should be that way in all 3 states. In deep
sleep there is no 2, much less "2+2=4".

[kant snipped]

Ramakrishnan.

PS: I haven't forgotten about what Ramana says about "bhakti". I'll post
relevant details sometime soon.
--
Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant (May faulty logic
undermine your entire philosophy)           -- strong Vulcan curse