Limitations of God? ( Was Re: Question on method of arriving at conclusions )

Giri gmadras at ENGR.UCDAVIS.EDU
Wed Jul 10 20:25:49 CDT 1996

> M Suresh wrote:
> >   I remember you had raised a related question "Can God Change the past?" in
> >   SRV. I think that might be possible if past is viewed as what present says
> >   about the past. So if what the present has to say about the past, ( i.e
 the

        One need not be God to change the past :-) There was a program
called "Time Machines" on the Discovery Channel a couple of months back
which discussed this issue at length.
        The program specifically dealt with going backwards in time.
The idea is to travel in a peculiar surface at a speed close to light
(actually the professor who demonstrated the experiment made use of a
pizza to show the structure) and you can beat light since you would have
travelled a longer distance. Actually, the program was also concerned
with paradoxes which may arise due to backward travel in time. The
professor asked "What if I take the einstein equations published now and
Maybe this should be discussed in a different mailing list :-)
        However, if you are really interested in this, as a starter, read
http://bohr.physics.purdue.edu/~hinson/ftl/FTL_StartingPoint.html
        BTW, if one of you really goes back in time, please change my past :-)

Namaste.