Who am I ?

M Suresh msuresh at INDIA.TI.COM
Thu Jul 11 20:08:24 CDT 1996

sadananda wrote:

> Surehs wrote:
> >  Ramana Maharishi differs here. According to him we should not even
> >  strive to reach the parmaatma.  One sould either find out the "I" which is
> >  the source of all thoughts by enquiry or we should surrender everything to
> >  the lord including the desire for salvation and redemption from the
> >  birth-death cycle.
>
> I have to disagree with the readings of Ramana Maharshi's teaching by suresh.
>
> in the upadesha saara:
>
>     iiswararpitam nechayaakritam
>      chittasodhakam muktisaadhakam.
>
>     that action performed with no self centered desires offering to the
> Lord would contribute to the purification of the mind. and will help in the
> liberation.

  I was saying that the desire for salvation should not be there.

"no self centered desires" in your quote above would include "no desire for
salvation" since desire for salvation is a kind of self-centered desire. Jiddu
Krishnamurthy says that truth is not a reward. I see no contradiction. By
 surrender
I did not mean letting go of all actions. Krishna says in Bhagavad Gita
that inaction is impossible for the mind.

> Hari Om!
> sadananda

Namaskar,
Suresh.