WILL & SAT (Re: Skeptics, fetal nirvana & more...?)

M Suresh msuresh at INDIA.TI.COM
Wed Jul 17 10:19:27 CDT 1996

Sadananda wrote:

[.. deleted]

> Suresh wrote:
>
> >You have talked  of consciousness above.  Since we are a mirror of the
> >all prevading Sat-Chit-Ananda ( A side question:  how can we attribute
> >characteristics of  Sat-Chit-Ananda,  i.e Being-Consciousness-Bliss to
> >the atrribute-less Nirguna Parabrahman? ), there are 3 characteristics
> >in us which  distinguish us from machines.
>
> In machines there is SAT aspect - since they exist! Of course one can

I was not talking about the objective existence seen by us.  As I have
mentioned in the next sentence:

>  >WILL corresponding to SAT, ...

The individual will is considered as a manifestation of the sat aspect
of sat-chit-ananda for  some reason.  The existence that we see around
us is not considered  as the manifestation of sat in  us because it is
an  objective  existence  we  see  and  not  something  pertaining  to
ourselves.

Every individual has a will he  can exercise which affect his thoughts
and  action.  It is  more  than response  to  external influences  and
decision making and has a  component which is entirely within oneself.
It is this  human will that is said  to be a reflection of  the sat in
sat-chit-ananda.

It  is this  will aspect  that is  attempted to  synchronise with  the
divine  will in  the path  of surrender,  so that  the sat-chit-ananda
manifests itself  externally and  fully and  the mind becomes entirely
an instrument of the divine.

Sri Aurobindo says that  a machine can never be made  that has its own
will.  Maybe some kind of randomness in repsponse  and decision making
can be built into a machine but it would never amount to will.

[..deleted]

> Hari Om.
> Sadananda

-Suresh.