SORRY!

Gopi Meenakshi gopi at CS.UNC.EDU
Fri Jul 26 15:47:59 CDT 1996

Dear Members of Advaita List:

  I am really sorry to have posted, by mistake,  my personal mail to
Sri. Shashi, to the group.  I didnt realize that it had gone to the
whole group, before I myself received a copy of my mail. I deeply
apologize for my mistake and assure you that it wouldnt happen again.

 Sorry again.

Thanks.

Gopi
>From ADVAITA-L at TAMU.EDU Sun Jul 28 10:46:15 1996
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 1996 10:46:15 -0500
To: "Advaita (non-duality) with reverence" <ADVAITA-L at TAMU.EDU>
From: anand hudli <ahudli at SILVER.UCS.INDIANA.EDU>
Subject: Info on Dattaatreya
Comments: To: advaita-l at tamu.edu

  Dear advaitins,

     I have received  email from a gentleman in Germany, who
    would like to know more about Dattaatreya. He claims that he has
   seen Dattaatreya during his pilgrimage to Mount Kailash.

   If any of you know about Dattaatreya, please post it on the mailing
  list and I will pass on the information to him.

  I know just a little about Dattaatreya, mainly from the PuraaNas, and
  the compositions of Vaasudevaananda Sarasvatii. There is also a
  Dattaatreya upanishhad and a Datta PuraaNa.

 Anand

>From  Sun Jul 28 17:32:59 1996
Comments: To: "Advaita (non-duality) with reverence" <ADVAITA-L at TAMU.EDU>

Hello,

On Sun, 28 Jul 1996 10:46:15 -0500, anand hudli
<ahudli at SILVER.UCS.INDIANA.EDU> wrote:
>  Dear advaitins,
>
>     I have received  email from a gentleman in Germany, who
>    would like to know more about Dattaatreya. He claims that he has
>   seen Dattaatreya during his pilgrimage to Mount Kailash.
>
>   If any of you know about Dattaatreya, please post it on the mailing
>  list and I will pass on the information to him.
>
>  I know just a little about Dattaatreya, mainly from the PuraaNas, and
>  the compositions of Vaasudevaananda Sarasvatii. There is also a
>  Dattaatreya upanishhad and a Datta PuraaNa.

A famous Advaitic text, the Avadhuta Gita, is ascribed to Dattatreya.

You can buy a copy at little cost from the Vedanta Society, =
vedanta at aol.com .

Cheers,

Ken                         <*>
kstuart at mail.telis.org

"The Dow that can crash is not the eternal Dow." - Lao Stuart