bhakti/jnana

egodust egodust at DIGITAL.NET
Mon Jun 3 16:51:39 CDT 1996

e.j. wrote:

>Jnana is of Bahkti
>Bhakti is of Jnana
>all is That
>two names for One

Sri Ramakrishna is the premier bhakta.  Yet one of His main teachers was
an uncompromising advaitin.  Thereafter He always reserved advaita as His
secret doctrine, which was disseminated to those ready for it.

Sri Sai Baba has said that bhakthi is the mother of jnana. "Bhakthi merges
in jnana and becomes identified with it. Bhakthi ripens into jnana, so don't
speak of them as different."

The Sage of Arunachala has said that the one is included in the other.
Without bhakti there can be no jnana, and vice-versa.

shaanthi.