simultaneity of nonduality

Ian Goddard igoddard at EROLS.COM
Sun Jun 9 16:33:23 CDT 1996

At 04:25 PM 6/8/96 -0400, M & E Shearn wrote:

 > how can I am say this is that and that is not that?
 > Iam is both = and ~. Who sees it as such? If you say nobody who says it?
 > Nobody can not say something? Too deep for this one.

IAN: There is no distinction, no duality, between body and not-body.
The answer to your questions about "who is we,..who am I, somebody or
nobody?, if nobody then how can nobody do what somebody can do?.."
is found only in the clearest understanding of what is being said.

Your assuming that I cannot be both somebody and nobody * at the same time. *
So when I say "I am nobody," you assume I am excluding somebody so you
question, "if you are nobody, then who is doing X." Your question is
logical if and only if we assume that A excludes ~A, but it does
not. Your using dualist Aristotelian logic that says A cannot
be both A and ~A at the same time, which is false.

What I see, say, and claim to prove is that I am at once, for example,
(1) a thing, (2) not-thing, (3) all things, and (4) nothing. At no
point in time does stating that I am anyone of these exclude
the fact that I also am all others; in fact, saying I am
(1) implies automatically that I am all the others.

                       Due to the logical mechanics
                          of relational identity

           I am all solid mass (+) and I am all empty space (-)

                     therefore I am all space and time

                            and therefore I am

                               no thing (0)

This letter > A < is equally dependent upon its internal and external
areas. If a thing is the sum of all those features necessary for its
existence, as internal and external are both necessary for A to be,
the letter A contains and thus IS both internal and external unto
infinity. That is the mechanics of relational identity, which
proves that nonduality is the reality, and that I am at once
a thing, empty space, all things, the whole and nothing.

I hope that seeing the simultaneous unity of opposing features of identity
answers your questions regarding the apparent contradictions between being
nobody and somebody. Dualist Western logic perfectly describes the
mechanics of mental illusion. To see the necessary nonduality
of A and ~A, is to see the absolute truth beyond illusion.

Law of Identity: A is A, relative to not-A. A = {A, ~A}

Law of Nonidentity: If there is 100% A, there is 0% A. A = ~A

absolute reality: http://www.erols.com/igoddard/reality.html