Question?

Michael Cohen MC1 at AOL.COM
Tue Jun 11 13:15:48 CDT 1996

Ravi,
One possible answer relates to the assumption of a dual universe. Duality
cannot be exempted as an empirical, relative reality. The term "non-duality"
(advaita) addresses this perception with the studied conclusion that the
ground of duality is in fact non-dual. Monism, on the other hand, can imply a
homogeneous whole without a necessary explanation for duality. A
hair-splitting difference perhaps but when dealing with radical adjustments
to our conceptions of what is and what is not, subtlety is urgent.

I hope this helps. I'm sure others on this list can offer more astute
explanations. -Michael C.