non-jivanmuktas

Frank Maiello egodust at DIGITAL.NET
Fri Jun 14 22:50:28 CDT 1996

anand hudli wrote:

>    Now the question is: Should a non-jiivanmukta talk like a jiivanmukta
>    or not? I will try to answer this question and I request others to
>    say what they feel.

The idea that there are ajnanis at all is based on a false perception.
Everyone experiences, in every moment in time, the Self Itself.  Its only
our thoughts that trick us into distortions and pathologies.  Yet the fact
remains that such *apparent* ignorance only thrives as long as we fail to
question its authority.  As soon as we trace thought-maya to its source,
how can we possibly sanction its ploy?

These daily hypnotisms can only be broken by a steady discipline of self
interrogation.  The strategy is simple.  In fact, part of the habit we've
developed, as a consequence of the Mind's hypnotic hold on us, is to spin
more and more clever theses and antitheses--that really accomplish nothing
more than a trip in endless circles.  Eventually the hub will be
contemplated; which is the home of simplicity itself; which directs the
ego to trace its source.  Nothing more or less is required.

Namaste.