ADVAITA-L Digest - classification of lucid dreams

egodust egodust at DIGITAL.NET
Tue May 28 18:59:46 CDT 1996

> egodust wrote:
>
> >analysis--, irrelevant.  To wit: ideas that the waking and dream states are
> >projections of Mind-stuff, being itself a projection of Cidakasa, only
> >hold water relative to the phenomenal constructs of the shakti matrix.
> >And the changeable shakti expression is only some mysterious artform spun
> >from ParaBrahmam which, subject to birth and later death, even now doesn't
> >exist.
>
> >I submit that any settlement on any idea [including the idea in this
> >very sentence] is prone to annihilation.  Moksha will not tolerate it.
> >This seems to be the occult mandate of Siva.
>
> Fine, but it's one thing to say it, and another thing to actually realize it.
> Mere intellectual understanding of this will go only a certain distance, which
> is the stage I am in :-).
>
> As far as vyavahaarika goes, we have only logic and the scriptures (if you
> believe them) to guide us. So it is impossible to abandon logic altogether.
> However logic is powerful enough to reveal it's own flaws, akin to the
> Cartesian way of thinking. It's like the stick used to kindle the funeral
> pyre, it is finally burnt in the fire it helped create.
>
> Ramakrishnan.

Of course I agree.  But you perhaps inadvertantly snipped the beginning of my
statement:

"I consider that the philosophical ordering of concepts/precepts has its
place insofar as preparing the ego-Mind for its final dissolution.  ...(etc.)"

Maybe I should have further emphasized this before launching any criticism on
the limits of logic [as it nears the threshold of final Liberation].
Undoubtedly, the sastric principles are indispensible--even critical--on any
path of yoga.

praNaam.