Welcome File to New members

Ravisankar S. Mayavaram r0m6887 at TAM2000.TAMU.EDU
Tue May 28 20:31:56 CDT 1996

vaNakkam - namaami - My respects to you all,

        I have created a Welcome file, which will go as a part of the
welcome message to the new members. Since our list is on a VM system,
due to some formalities, it will take a day or two incorporate it. I
am posting here so that you can correct/suggest changes in this file.
Thanks for your time.
--
Ravi
msr at tamu.edu
"meenalOchani paasamOchani"

<file begins after the line>
                         Welcome to Advaita-L
                        =====================
                 "bhava shankara deshikame sharanam"

        Welcome to Advaita-L. This list is devoted to discuss advaitam
( non-duality) with reverence. Advaita-L is an unmoderated mailing
list open to the world. You are requested to use self moderation.

        First thing first. Before posting any message to the list,
you are requested to post a brief introduction to the list about
yourself. This will help others to know your background.  Introduction
files of existing list members can be obtained from the archives. You
can  browse the archives using WWW tools like netscape or
lynx. The WWW URL is http://tamvm1.tamu.edu/~advaita/

        Please feel free to invite your friends who are interested in
advaita to join the list.  In case you have any problems or questions
related list technicalities, please direct your queries to me (ravi),
my address is msr at tamu.edu.  Thanks for joining us and we hope to
learn from you.

Here are some often used list commands.

CHANGING YOUR SUBSCRIPTION STATUS
_________________________________

To Stop List Mail Temporarily             SET listname NOMAIL
To Restart Mail                           SET listname MAIL
To Receive A Copy Of Your Mail            SET REPRO
To See Your Distribution Options          QUERY listname
To Get A Listing Of All The Commands      HELP
To Get A List Of All Subscribers And
   The List Header                        REV listname

POSTING MESSAGES TO THE LIST

To send messages to the entire group, send e-mail to
advaita-l at tamu.edu

Ravi                                                      msr at tamu.edu