Info on Swami Saccidanandendra?

Anand Hudli ahudli at APPN.CI.IN.AMERITECH.COM
Wed Nov 6 12:08:48 CST 1996

> Are there any disciples of Swami Saccidanandendra (of Holinarsipur, near
> Mysore) teaching in North America or any groups here in which his
> teachings are studied?
>
> A student here, Martha Chhabra, is doing her PhD dissertation on his
> works and would like to know of any local contacts.
>
> Many thanks,
> Tadatmananda

  I am not aware of any of his disciples here in the US. Perhaps, his
 best known work is the Vedantaprakriya (Method of Vedanta).

 I am not one of his disciples, but I have read some of his publications.
 He differs in some respects from the Sringeri Swami's. For example, he
 is a proponent of the adhyaaropa/apavaada (superimposition/sublation)
 theory of advaita rather than the ajaata vaada. In fact, he mentions
 the superimposition/sublation method is the way of Vedanta.
 Another minor difference is that he does not agree with the Sringeri
 tradition regarding which works of Shankara were actually composed
 by Shankara.

 Nevertheless, a reading of his publications leaves no doubt in the
 reader's mind about his profound scholarship and  depth of experience.

 Anand