Is Experience the Same as Knowledge?

Trescott K. Smith Kimmerjohn at AOL.COM
Sun Nov 10 07:42:36 CST 1996

Experience is sensation and perception, which do not lie.  These constitute
the rope.

Knowledge is memory, recognition, and imagination, which interpret sensation
and which can be mistaken.  This is the rope misidentified to be a snake.

The silent mind finds its home in sensation and practices economy of thought
with respect to reflection or knowledge.  We do this not to achieve anything,
since we are already, always complete, but because we have recognized our
home to be awareness.  Knowing the true nature of Self, we are no longer lost
in thought searching for Self or somehow thinking the Self needs to be
improved.

Blessings