Disciples of Ramana Maharshi

egodust egodust at DIGITAL.NET
Thu Oct 24 20:23:18 CDT 1996

Ramakrishnan wrote:

> There is no point in asserting ad-infinitum that I am already realized because
> it serves no purpose.

Isn't mantrajapam a valid method for planting seeds of jnana?

> This is not the method followed by neither Ramana Maharshi nor the masters of
> the yore. Just because Ramana used that approach with a few people it does
> not mean he followed the same routine with everyone.

I beg to differ.  Not only did Bhagavan *vigorously* adopt this method, He
rarely *didn't* apply it to the people who questioned Him.  And the few times
He didn't was when someone was, to site an example, in the Lecture Hall
enquiring from a dvaitic point of view, He wouldn't disturb their position;
and when they left He was sure to clarify His statements to the ashramites
and others.  It's well documented.

Additionally, the ajatavada doctrine (pure advaita) was applied by Ribhu,
Vasistha, Sankara, and is evidenced in such works as Tripura Rahasya,
Advaita Bodha Deepika, Kaivalya Navaneetham, among others.

namaste.