Guru-disciple-enlightenment topic

Giri gmadras at ENGR.UCDAVIS.EDU
Tue Oct 29 19:29:27 CST 1996

On Wed, 30 Oct 1996, Natha Bhaktyananda wrote:

> > Though Ramana Maharshi may have denied any disciples, there are hosts of
> > people : Sadhu Arunachala, Balaram Reddy, Kunju Swami, Ganapati Muni etc
>
> Here you have really misunderstood me, dear Giri. The reason for which I

        Oh, really ?

> have put the word "enlightened" between two asterisms (*) in my first
> message was precisely because it had also seemed odd to me that these
> people have appeared as Self-realised beings (by their own statement or
                                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> merely by passively accepting others' statements about this!) *after*

        Then, why don't you, my dear friend produce "their own statement"
or provide proof that they passively accepted others statements about
this. This is the second time i am asking you to produce their own
statement. First you said *all* the four, now you have retracted the
statement against Ganapati Muni but still accuse the rest three. What
makes you think they appeared as Self-realized beings after the death of
Ramana ?
        Though i said that i will refrain posting on this posting, you
continuing to slander these people without proof is shocking to me.
        I also guess eating fish is ok by your standards but not smoking.
Giri