Pearls from Jesus

Rushikesh K. Joshi rushi at BRONTO.IITM.ERNET.IN
Wed Oct 30 21:25:14 CST 1996

Greetings,

I am reproducing a few quotes of Shri Jesus.
They are from the Gospel of Thomas that was discovered in 1945.
During the days I read this book, I experienced a unique calmness, and
currents of joy.

Friends interested in Advait will find them very inspiring.
The book tells you about Guru-Shishya relationship, about
devotion, about Love, about Advait and about what not.

Jesus said, "One who knows all but is lacking in oneself is
utterly lacking."

A [person  said] to him, "Tell my brothers to divide my
Father's possessions  with me."
He said to the person, "Mister, who made me a divider?"
He turned to his disciples and said to them, "I am not
a divider, am I?"

Jesus said, "When you make two into one, you will become
children of humanity, and when you say, 'Mountain, move from here',
and it will move."

His followers said to him, "Twenty-four prophets have spoken
in Israel, and they all spoke of you."
He said to them, "You have disregarded the living one who
is in your presence and have spoken of the dead."

Jesus said, "The messengers and the prophets will come to
you and give you what is yours. You, in turn, give them
what you have, and say to yourselves, 'when will they come
and take what is theirs ?'"

Hope you enjoyed.

- joshi