Sat

Chelluri Nageswar Rao Chelluri at AOL.COM
Sun Sep 15 21:07:22 CDT 1996

Om Sri Manjula                                 Shankaracharya Madhyamam

Namste:

Thanks to you all.  I have learned the differenece between Reality and
Illusion.
It prompts another question.  If we know we are living in illusion is it  not
hypocracy to pursue the worldly matters the way everybody does for name and
livelyhood.  In my opinion knowing about it is not enough one has to prctice
leaving evrything to Bhgavati   like Ramana and Ramdas did.
What do You think?

Regards

                                                                     Nageswar

>From  Mon Sep 16 02:27:13 1996
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 02:27:13 GMT
To: "Advaita (non-duality) with reverence" <ADVAITA-L at TAMU.EDU>
From: Ken Stuart <kstuart at MAIL.TELIS.ORG>
Subject: Re: Sat
Comments: To: "Advaita (non-duality) with reverence" <ADVAITA-L at TAMU.EDU>

Hello,

On Sun, 15 Sep 1996 22:07:22 -0400, Chelluri Nageswar Rao
<Chelluri at aol.com> wrote:

>Om Sri Manjula                                 Shankaracharya Madhyamam
>
>Namste:
>
>Thanks to you all.  I have learned the differenece between Reality and
>Illusion.
>It prompts another question.  If we know we are living in illusion is it  not
>hypocracy to pursue the worldly matters the way everybody does for name and
>livelyhood.

To pursue worldly matters is not hypocrisy.  Rama was a king, as was
Janaka.

What matters is one's attitude while one is pursuing worldly matters.

This is what the Bhagavad Gita is all about.

I'm partial to Winthrop Sargeant's translation, although Swami
Sivananda's also has much merit.

> In my opinion knowing about it is not enough one has to prctice
>leaving evrything to Bhgavati   like Ramana and Ramdas did.

If your dharma in not to be a renunciate, then what "leaving
everything to Bhagawan" consists of may not be simply sitting in a
temple 24 hours a day.

Again, cf Bhagavad Gita, these questions are where it excels.

Namaskar,

Ken
kstuart at mail.telis.org

"The ego arises from the mistaken notion that the light of consciousness
reflected in the intellect and coloured by objectively perceived phenomena
is the true nature of the Self.  Thus, the personal ego falsely identifies
the Self with that which is not the Self and vice versa." - Mark Dyczkowski