bliss

Chelluri Nageswar Rao Chelluri at AOL.COM
Mon Sep 30 21:37:18 CDT 1996

                                                     Om Sri Matrenamah

Namaste:

I assume most read 1. Biography of Yogi   2. Muktananda and 3. Milarepa

Sri kstuart  Hindu concept of Satchidananda is a lot easier to comrehend than
the concept of Void.   Ananda (Bliss ) is the nature of THAT.   Bliss is
defined in the dictionary as "Supreme Happiness"    It is my understanding
that "THAT" has no attributes.  It is neither bliss nor sad ...  Since there
is no other word to say I think IT is Nothing.   It is difficult to
comprehend "Nothing"  I believe that exactly what it is.

The 3 books mentioned are different but their goal seems to be the same.

Now the question is if one realizes IT why would not stay with it instead of
coming beack to illusion.

I will bring the above 3 works at a later time for discussion.  Like Sri
ksturat said it is good to read different philosphies.

Regards

                                                                     Nageswar

>From  Tue Oct  1 03:10:21 1996
Comments: To: "Advaita (non-duality) with reverence" <ADVAITA-L at TAMU.EDU>

Hello,

On Mon, 30 Sep 1996 22:37:18 -0400, Chelluri Nageswar Rao
<Chelluri at aol.com> wrote:

>                                                     Om Sri Matrenamah
>
>Namaste:
>
>I assume most read 1. Biography of Yogi   2. Muktananda and 3. Milarepa

Yes, if you mean "Autobiography of a Yogi" by Yogananda, "Play Of
Consciousness" the autobiography of Muktananda, and "The Life of
Milarepa" which I seem to remember is by T. Lobsang Rampa.

>Sri kstuart  Hindu concept of Satchidananda is a lot easier to comrehend than
>the concept of Void.   Ananda (Bliss ) is the nature of THAT.   Bliss is
>defined in the dictionary as "Supreme Happiness"    It is my understanding
>that "THAT" has no attributes.  It is neither bliss nor sad ...

First off, "Supreme Happiness" would seem to mean a different thing
than just "happiness", ie the happiness that is the opposite of
sadness.  Bliss is not the opposite of anything, it can't be because
it exists everywhere all the time.   We just let things get in the way
of experiencing this bliss.

Second, to say "THAT" has no attributes is not true, in fact
Satchidanda is a description of its attributes, ie existence,
consciousness, bliss.   Some might say that "attributes" as a plural
word is incorrect, since all three are the same, ie
existence=consciousness=bliss.

>The 3 books mentioned are different but their goal seems to be the same.

Yes, in fact, at various times in my life, I've been a member of the
organizations started by each of those three masters.

>>Now the question is if one realizes IT why would not stay with it instead of
>coming beack to illusion.

I'm not sure whether you mean intentionally coming back, or being
drawn back in spite of one's intentions.

Saints come back to the physical plane to help the rest of us.   While
they do this, they remain outside of the sway of illusion.

Someone who is drawn back unintentionally is not "realized", ie
self-realized or enlightened.   People are drawn back from experiences
of samadhi either by samskaras, ie habitual tendencies of the mind
(that must be removed by spirtual practice), or by karma.

Cheers,

Ken                         <*>
kstuart at mail.telis.org