Spiritual Evolution and Samsara

Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian rbalasub at ECN.PURDUE.EDU
Thu Apr 10 12:18:53 CDT 1997

Neeta Pasrija wrote:

> where I can give up the world and go to the Himalayas, so what choice do I
 have
> but to get married and live a worldly life.

I forgot to mention in my previous mail. HH abhinava vidyAtIrtha has said that
it is not incumbent for anyone to marry. In response to a specific question
whether women can also go through life without marrying, HH has replied that
they can do so. Anyone who has enough vairagya need not marry and can become a
sanyasi straight or remain a naishtika brahmachari. HH however has cautioned
that women may face more social pressure in this regard and would have to be
careful about that.

Ramakrishnan.
--
                  http://yake.ecn.purdue.edu/~rbalasub/