New member: Introduction

Ravisankar S. Mayavaram aum at UNIX.TAMU.EDU
Mon Apr 21 20:55:38 CDT 1997

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 1997 15:26:07 -0400 (EDT)
From: Prashant Sharma <psharma at buphy.bu.edu>
To: aum at unix.tamu.edu
Subject: Re: ADVAITA-L: psharma at BUPHY.BU.EDU requested to join

As desired by you I am including a brief introduction about myself and my
interests in advait.

        I am a graduate student in theoretical physics at Boston
University.  Almost all my earlier education was in Banaras, India.  I
attended the Banaras Hindu University, where I was able to develop my
interests in Indian Philosophy, especially advaitism, by association with
several learned people in the university and outside.  I have felt an
absence of this influence in Boston and hope that joining the advait-L
would be some kind of a substitute for that environment.

Sincerely,
Prashant.