Buddhi = Reason ?

Allan Curry un824 at FREENET.VICTORIA.BC.CA
Sun Apr 27 13:20:31 CDT 1997

Namaste!

Gummuluru Murthy writes:

>If your mind does not accept it, there is nothing at all and you are
>free. Your mind's acceptance of it or otherwise depends on your buddhi.

I am reading a book by V.S.Iyer called "An Inquiry Into Truth" in which he
translates buddhi as reason and defines it to be the faculty which
determines true from false. Would anyone care to improve on this definition
of buddhi for those of us whose knowledge of Sanskrit approaches zero?

Thank you sincerely,

-Allan Curry