solipsism and advaita

egodust egodust at DIGITAL.NET
Wed Dec 17 21:04:20 CST 1997

Kartik wrote:
> > YOU ARE REAL..........REST IS UNREAL
> >

> >                                                     NAGESWAR
>
> This is a point of view in Western philosophy called "solipsism" which
> states that (in my version) the only thing that can be verified is oneself.

There's a big difference between the idea of 'oneself' and the
reality of the Self which is the universal substratum [beneath]
everyone's 'oneself.'  It could be regarded as the difference
between relative and absolute solipsism; where the relative
version is limiting, splintered, and separative, and the
absolute is expanded, wholistic, and universal.

Namaste.

"There are no answers
       because
there are no questions."