Various vAda-s in advaita (was Re: A few questions)

Giri gmadras at ENGR.UCDAVIS.EDU
Sun Feb 2 17:25:27 CST 1997

On Sat, 1 Feb 1997, Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian wrote:

> Giri wrote:
>
> > [Sorrry for the long e-mail, but thought of providing some objections to
> > the drshti-sristi view].
>
> I'll address the points in this post in various parts. I'll first reply to the
> points of Swami Prakashananda.

[DS - drishti shristi; SD - shristi drishti]

        Rama, thanks for your reply. By the above sentence, I did not mean
to imply that i am against DS view, but that they have been objections
raised against it by various *advaitins* as I mentioned in the post.
Thanks for answering those objections. In fact, I have also been reading
on modern quantum physicists (who profess a view similar to DS) and they
have countered almost all the objections i quoted previously.

        Personally, I tend to agree with Anand (and you) that both DS and
SD are "valid", and one may be more comfortable for a particular person.
After all, only ajata is really valid. imho, SD is more suitable for a
"bhakti-oriented" person who believes in the multiplicity of various
jivas, jagat and Ishvara in the manifest state though he "knows" that all
are one in essence.

Namaste.