Time Bound

Mark Hovila hovila at FOXINTERNET.NET
Tue Jul 1 22:34:30 CDT 1997

Interesting questions, Chuck.

I'm sure you will agree that the paradox is entirely in the mind, and the
more we try to resolve it with words, the greater the paradox will seem.
The resolution of the paradox lies in direct seeing of the situation as it
exists in the here and now.  In the here and now, the "me" as an individual
entity is seen to be nonexistent.  This is not speculation; anyone can see
it at any moment.  It is this "me," being continually dissatisfied, which
engages in conflict with the world (and itself).  In the absence of the
"me" there is only perfection underlying the apparent violence and
imperfection of the world.

Mark

> Hi Mark,
>
>      But if, as you say, there "is no duality, no self/other split," then
> how is so-called "violence" (or, for that matter, even "non-violence")
even