Sleep Awareness (...yawn! :-)

Allan Curry un824 at FREENET.VICTORIA.BC.CA
Thu Jul 3 14:25:53 CDT 1997

Gummuluru Murthy writes:

>In the deep-sleep state, all of us [Realized, also non-Realized]
>experience the same: nothing. The turiya state, which is a witness
>to all the states, is there in the deep-sleep state.

Tell me about the experience of actually *being* the witness of the
deep-sleep state. Is that "nothing"? It is the experience of *being*
Brahman isn't it?  To the best of my knowledge, non-Realized beings
do not have the slightest clue what it's like to be Brahman, in any
state, that's what makes them non-Realized beings. When they do know
what it's like to be Brahman they never don't know what it's like,
whether the body is asleep or dead or whatever. Please correct me
if I'm wrong.

Sincerely,

Allan Curry