the precondition of doubt

Allan Curry un824 at FREENET.VICTORIA.BC.CA
Mon Jul 7 17:37:41 CDT 1997

Sadananda writes:

> Intellect always doubts, but the answer lies beyond the intellect.
> Hence faith becomes important.

Namaste,

Yes, I'm beginning to see you must be right about this. The intellect will
never be able to say "what it is" completely, but it will never be able to
doubt "that it is" because it is the precondition of doubting.

We are indeterminable as separate "things" and are therefore irretrievably
lost in the seamless totality of what is simply so.

Sincerely,

Allan Curry

P.S.

Would someone please give what you think is the best translation
and interpretation of Bhagavad Gita 18:61  ?

Jnaneshwar's commentary says, "In short, O Arjuna, He directs all
creatures in this world and the next, just as the wind blows grass up in
the air. Just as iron filings are agitated when they come in contact with a
magnet, creatures move in the same way, controlled by the power of the
Supreme."