Ganesha

Anand Hudli Anand_Hudli_at_USININ31 at BMC.BOEHRINGER-MANNHEIM.COM
Tue Jul 8 13:52:48 CDT 1997

  praatarbhajaamyabhayadaM khalu bhaktashokadaavaanalaM
     gaNavibhuM varakuJNjaraasyaM |
  aGYaanakaananavinaashanahavyavaaha-
   mutsaahavardhanamahaM sutamiishvarasya ||

  praatarbhajaami - In the morning, I worship
  abhayadaM - Him who grants the security (of the devotees)
  khalu - verily, certainly
  bhaktashoka- the sorrow of His devotees
  daavaanalaM - the forest fire
  gaNavibhuM - the Lord of the gaNa's (followers of Shiva)
  varakuJNjaraasyaM - whose elephant face is handsome
  aGYaanakaanana - the forest of ignorance
  vinaashana -  destruction
  havyavaahaM - fire
  utsaahavardhanaM - who increases (my) enthusiasm
  ahaM - I
  sutaM - the son
  Ishvarasya - of Shiva

   In the morning, I worship the son of Shiva, Ganesha  who surely grants the
   security  of the devotees,  who is the forest fire that burns away
   (eradicates) the sorrow of His devotees, who is the Lord of the gaNa's,
   whose elephant face is   handsome, who is the fire that burns away
   the forest of ignorance and who increases my enthusiasm.

   Anand