VISIT TO DWARKA _SHANKARA's ASHRAM (fwd)

Vidyasankar Sundaresan vidya at CCO.CALTECH.EDU
Sun Jul 13 21:04:27 CDT 1997

I recently received this message, asking for information about the Dwaraka
Peetham. Since I don't have direct contact information, I wonder if
someone on the advaita list can help these folks.

Vidyasankar

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 23:26:19 +0300
From: SSSB CENTER OF MAROUSI <sssb at aias.net>
To: vidya at cco.caltech.edu
Subject: VISIT TO DWARKA _SHANKARA's ASHRAM

Dear brother

We are a group of Greek devotees who wish to make a pilgrimage at
Dwaraka City in Gujarat state.

I know that Adi Shankara's successor in Dwaraka Dham is called Sri
Svarupananda Sarasvati and that he has been head from 1984. He,
incidentally, is also the head of the Joshimath.

Since I've already visit Badri Narayana Dham I would like to know if
there is Shankara ashram where we can stay or visit during our visit at
end of July. If you have any address or phone or any other links where i
can find the information i want, please let me know.

I'll be grateful to you if you can send me any useful information which
will make our pilgrimage full of experiences.

Looking forward for your reply.

Jai Bhagavan

Vagelis Kretsimos
e-mail: istvk at aias.net