advaitam and Kashmir shaivam

Martin Gifford marting at NSWCC.ORG.AU
Tue Jul 29 03:16:25 CDT 1997

Hi All!

At 10:27 AM 28/07/97 -0800, Allan wrote:

>I agree with Gaudapada (and you too Greg?) that causality *is*
>inconceivable, but I do not agree that causality *cannot* exist simply
>because human beings cannot create a complete and coherent conceptual model
>of it.  In my opinion, reality *is* absolutely unthinkable in the final
>analysis, but it is as it is never the less...

        Yes, it is as it is - inconceivable, ineffable, mysterious. And
isn't the idea of 'causation' very gross?

        This is the human minds' fantasy that everything can be known by the
blinding light of reason and science. The very word 'knowledge' is a
fantasy. First an object is separated from the rest of existence to be
analysed. But it cannot be separated! Actually they create a concept rather
than 'separating' an 'object'! Then they analyse their concept!! The mind
does truly create a problem and then try to solve it. Better not to create
the problem.

Regards,

Martin Gifford.