Unreality of the world: a further analogy

Allan Curry un824 at FREENET.VICTORIA.BC.CA
Tue Jun 17 19:13:26 CDT 1997

>On Tue, 17 Jun 1997, Allan Curry wrote:
>
>[..]
>
>> If illusory is equated with impermanence then I would find it difficult to
>> argue that the world is not illusory. If illusory refers to the fact that
>> our impression of the world is created by our minds, again I agree our
>> representation of the world is fabricated. To some, the "illusory nature of
>> the world" implies the non-existence of any extra-mental source of data
>> which go into the making of our representation of the world. This is a
>> much more difficult case to make and one that I am not convinced of.
>
>You are in good company! SankarAcArya himself is not convinced about such
>a proposition.
>
>Vidyasankar

Would you please elaborate?  I thought he denied everything but Brahman
who is the absolute subject. Does he allow the independent existence of
anything but this subject?

best regards,

-Allan Curry