New member: Introduction

Ravisankar S. Mayavaram aum at UNIX.TAMU.EDU
Sat Jun 21 13:59:07 CDT 1997

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 16:22:15 -0400 (EDT)
From: Raj Iyer <IYERR at aa.wl.com>
To: "aum at unix.tamu.edu" <aum at unix.tamu.edu>
Subject: Re: ADVAITA-L: iyerr at AA.WL.COM requested to join

Dear Ravi:

Namaskaram!

Thank you for your kind svaagatam to the Advaita mailing list.  My interest in
Advaita (admittedly, with only the knowledge of a novice) stems from my
sincere yearning to realise Absolute Truth through an awareness of Beauty and
Grace, my respect for all that is pervaded by the Divine and from my profound
interest in Comparative Religion.  It fascinates me endlessly to discover for
myself the spiritual commonalities underlying the fundamental yearning of
humans in various cultures through the ages to achieve moksha, which for me,
is mythically the Garden of Eden and the Kingdom of Heaven.  I hope to be
endlessly delighted, intrigued and enlightened in the coming days through your
kind service.  Best wishes.

Raj Iyer.