ADVAITA-L Digest - 4 May 1997 to 5 May 1997

Srinivas Prasad prasad at NSRC.NUS.SG
Mon May 5 20:40:39 CDT 1997

> Date:    Mon, 5 May 1997 11:04:55 -0500
> From:    VP Nandakumar <nandav01 at M0E3S33.NMB.NORWEST.COM>
> Subject: Bhakthi, Karma and Jnana Yoga
>
>         I've been thinking about what was said on Bhakthi Yoga, Karma Yoga and
> Jnana Yoga. That one cannot attain Brahman, by practicing each alone, but
 should
> practice all three.

   In all the three cases One is interlinked with the other. Bhakti can come
  only by removing agnana. This leads to pure devotion, which will get
  transformed in doing Nishkamakarma. At later stage one will attain
   Jnana yoga by Sadhana. Just having Jnana with out Karma and Bhakti
  is useless.

  Example: Purandara dasa's Agnana was removed by The Incidence happend
  to him in his life which led to Pure devotion and 24 hrs attachement
  to god which is nothing but Nishkamakarma. By constant sadhana he showed
  us that Jnana yoga can be achieved.