Kalam(Time)

Chelluri Nageswar Rao Chelluri at AOL.COM
Sat May 24 16:24:11 CDT 1997

                                                Sri Matrenamah

Pranams!

I am reading with interest the  postings on Time (Kalam in Telugu)
There is a saying in telugu perhaps derived from sanskrit that Time stops for
nobody and goes in a circle.  We see good and bad things come and go like in
a circle.

Ravi mentioned that in deep meditation which is like deep sleep like state -
a state of great joy - time seems to come to standstill and he is aware of
it.

When we wakeup from deep sleep we say that we had goodnight sleep.  What is
good about it and what happened during it, nobody knows. One feels refreshed
and rejuvinated so he thinks this must be the result of goodnight sleep.  I
have not seen a person who can describe the feelings felt in deep sleep-
whether it is joy, sorrow or some other feeling we have no words to describe.
 The question what happens during deep sleep is same like what happens after
death.  My answer to both is Nothing.
nothing happens so nothing to report.

My conception of deep meditation is stillness of mind and I do not want to be
aware of what's going on when in deep meditation or deep sleep.

In this connection I would like to post an experience I cherish and pose a
question.
I went to Kanchi to see Paramacharya.  When I was in his presence my mind
became still without any effort on my part.  What happened during that
stilness and how long it lasted I have absolutely no idea. By the way I am
not a meditator and I dont know how to meditate.  I imagine it needs lot of
sadhana (practice).  I think when one goes thru  deep meditation or deepsleep
one is rejuvinated.  The question I want to ask is that When you are in the
presence of a live paramacharya your mind becomes standstill like still water
lake but when you leave his presnce the thoughts rush back like a great
flood.  Does distance and time has to do anything to decrease the intensity?
  Request to share your views.

                                         Shubamastu
                             Nageswar

Ravi, things seem to be simple and beautiful when praising parashakti because
of her Grace.