The Real World

launchpad software laxman at RICOCHET.NET
Sun May 25 10:30:06 CDT 1997

>>I really hope you *can* prove to me that the physical world is unreal.
>>Alan Curry

I have been seeing a lot of discussion on the world being "real" or
"unreal"

My take on it....

The meaning we have for the world "real" in vedanta is not the same as
the
english meaning. In our discussions we are trying to assign the english
meaning to the vedantic concept and thus running around in circles.

The physical world exists...the trees, the earth and the galaxy.

unreal world : the world we see being in attachment, the world we
interpret
based on our samskara, desire. The world we create by the thinking mind,
the good and the bad, right and the wrong. A world as defined by MAYA.

real world : the world where everthing is seen as a manifestation of the
divine, the world we create out of selflessness, the world we see in
thoughtlessness,surrender and attribute to divine Grace.
A world as seen thru the THIRD EYE.

regards and love
laxman shenoy