The point

Williams, Pat WilliamsP at ZEUS.DT.UH.EDU
Wed Oct 29 09:48:20 CST 1997

> So of course there is no cause for jnaana.  Jnaana is anterior to
> maya,
> phenomenality, the observable world.  So nothing in maya,
> phenomenality or
> the observable world can "cause" or "make" jnaana happen.

        As it was recently explained to me, the "event" of one's
awakening is not the culmination of any cause-effect sequence.  One way
of thinking about why this is so is to understand that cause-effect
sequences occur within the field of time, while the awakening "event" is
timeless.