The point

Greg Goode goode at DPW.COM
Thu Oct 30 09:08:16 CST 1997

At 03:22 PM 10/29/97 PST, Maadhavan Srinivasan wrote:

> In this world, there are lot of people sufferring without food.
>So for them food is the important thing than any other.
>
>My question is, Is Duality unavoidable in critical situations?.
>That is, eventhough the poor people realized Advaita, in critical
>situations they have to respond to the situation.

As long as You are staying in the body, action is unavoidable.  And all
action is in duality, because it is the body, or the gunas, that act, not
You.  In the Gita, Krishna says that the body cannot live without moving:

   Not even for a moment does anyone remain without
   performing action.  (Gita III:5)

   Not even your stay in the physical body can be
   accomplished without action.  (Gita III:8)

Where is the non-duality then?  In not being attached to the results of
action, or in there not being any form of personal doership or receivership
of actions, even though actions get performed.

--Greg