Ganesha chaturthi - May we worship Him

Anand Hudli Anand_Hudli at BMC.BOEHRINGER-MANNHEIM.COM
Fri Sep 5 14:03:07 CDT 1997

   ajaM nirvikalpaM niraakaaramekaM
    niraanandam-aanandam-advaitapuurNaM |
   paraM nirguNaM nirvisheshhaM niriihaM
    parabrahmaruupaM gaNeshaM bhajema  ||

  ajaM - the unborn
  nirvikalpaM - undifferentiated
  niraakaaramekaM - the one formless
  niraanandam - who is without bliss (but)
  aanandaM - Bliss itself
  advaitapuurNaM - the nondual infinite
  paraM - supreme
  nirguNaM - attributeless
  nirvisheshhaM - qualityless
  niriihaM - without desires
  parabrahmaruupaM - of the nature of the Supreme Brahman
  gaNeshaM - Ganesha
  bhajema  - may we worship

  May we worship Ganesha who is the Unborn, the Undiffentiated, the
  Formless One, who does not have Bliss (as an attribute but) who is
  Bliss itself, who is the Nondual Infinite, the Supreme, who is
  without attributes or qualities, without desires, and who is the
  (visible) form of the Supreme Brahman.

  Ganesha Chaturthi which marks the birthday of Lord Ganesha is
   celebrated on the fourth lunar day (tithi) in the month of bright
  half of the lunar month Bhaadrapada. More precisely, the
  celebration is on the day when the fourth tithi prevails during
  the Madhyaanha Kaala (noon).

  Since this  tithi began at about 2:30 AM EST today (Sept. 5)
  and will end at about 4:30 AM EST tomorrow (Sept. 6), Ganesha
  Chaturthi should be observed today (Sept. 5) in North America and
  Western Europe too.

  Interested list members may look up the archives for the detailed article
  on Ganesha that I posted last year on September 16th.

  Anand