Guru wanted

Gummuluru Murthy gmurthy at MORGAN.UCS.MUN.CA
Wed Sep 17 06:15:31 CDT 1997

On Wed, 17 Sep 1997, Martin Gifford wrote:

> Hi All !
>
> I thought a guru should appear when there is a need in a seeker. I have the
> need but perhaps I'm not ready.
>
> Anyway if someone can suggest a guru that meets the following criteria
> please let me know.
>
> _GURU WANTED_
>
> ESSENTIAL CRITERIA:
>
> Must be permanently free of the sense of doership.
> Must have fully and finally realised non-duality.
> Loving and accepting.
> Capable of quickly transforming his/her students.
> Must not use guilt.
> Keen about ending human violence and suffering.
> Must not have an aversion to life in the physical plane.
>
> Regards,
>
> Martin.

That is YOU.

You meet all the qualifications if you are honest to yourself.

What I mean to say is: There is no external guru. Guru comes from within
and evolves when you would see guru's qualifications in everyone.

I am beginning to think that guru is within us.

Regards
Gummuluru Murthy
Yadaa sarve pramucyante kaamaa ye'sya hr^di shritaah
atha martyo'mr^to bhavatyatra brahma samashnute   Katha Upanishhad II.3.14

When all the desires that dwell in the heart fall away, then the mortal
becomes immortal, and attains Brahman even here.