the non-reality of free will

Jonathan Bricklin brickmar at EARTHCOM.NET
Wed Sep 24 21:31:49 CDT 1997

----------
Gregory Goode Wrote:

> > For the rest of us, still waiting our release, still looking into a
future
> >that they may not ultimately *think* to be a reality, I offer the
advice:
> >turn around.
>
> Not sure I understand the meaning of the following:
>
> >that they may not ultimately *think* to be a reality.
>

> Probably most people on this list are convinced the future is not a
> reality.  It sounds like you are saying that somehow it really is a
> reality, even though we think not.

I wasn't, since that would contradict what I had just said,  but I agree
with you, the language I used seems to suggest the interpretation you gave
it.  It would read better:  "that they may not, ultimately, think to be a
reality."  Thanks for the close read.

Jonathan