Guru wanted

Martin Gifford marting at NSWCC.ORG.AU
Mon Sep 29 03:37:03 CDT 1997

At 01:00 AM 26/09/97 -0400, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:

>Why shouldn't people feel guilty if they've done wrong?  I'm sure many
>people find a conscience inconvenient but a Guru is not supposed to be a
>mirror for ones narcissism and doesn't need to cater to any despicable
>scoundrel who comes along.

I had said that the guru "mustn't _use_ guilt". My experience is that the
use of guilt actually increases the self consciousness and sense of
separation in the student. There are much smarter ways of getting a person
to change such as Advaita! I don't think there is a solution to any
spiritual problem within duality. And guilt is within duality.

>This physical plane is illusionary so how could there not be  aversion to
>it.

Then why are you worried about morality? I would say that our interpretation
of the physical plane is illusionary but not the actuality of the physical
plane.

>If you don't like vedanta or are incapable of practising it, that's fine.
>Many people are that way.

I'm not interested in Vedanta. I heard Vedanta meant "the end of knowledge".
That is what I am interested in.

Regards,

Martin.