My Thanks

Mon Apr 6 12:13:16 CDT 1998

[Cced in case poster is no longer on the list.]

On Fri, 3 Apr 1998, Chandran, Nanda (NBC) wrote:

> Dear Ravi,
>
> First let me thank you for allowing me to be a part of this list for
> more than a year now. When I initially joined this list I knew nothing
> and was an atheist. Today atleast I'm aware of my ignorance. This I owe
> to the patient replies to all my silly and even affronting questions,
> from Vidya, GMurthy, Anand, Ram Chandran, Jaladhar, Sadananda and
> others. I'm deeply indebted to them for guiding me in the right
> direction.

This is why it will be a terrible tragedy if Ravi continues with the
present course of action.

I was born in England and have lived outside India all my life.  I could
easily have fallen down the wrong path myself if it hadn't been for the
support and guidance I got from my parents and teachers. I also asked
exactly the same kind of questions and engaged in the same kind of debates
as we see here.  If I know a little or a lot today it is because people
took the time to teach facts and correct errors.  It is only because of
them I can do the same for others.

If debate is stifled we are cutting Vedanta off at the roots and no matter
how good our intentions, unwittingly aiding its destruction.