8. kalmaShaghnI

Ravi Mayavaram msr at COMCO.COM
Wed Apr 8 21:05:55 CDT 1998

8. kalmaShaghnI

SHE destroys kalmaSha or sins. ahaM tva sarva pApebhyo mokShayiShyAmi
(bhagavad gIta 18-66) I will release you from all sins. Or according to
the following, jnAnAgniH sarvakarmANi bhasmAt kurute tathA, the fire of
knowledge reduces all actions to ashes (Bh-G 4-37) and na sa pApam shlokaM
shR^iNoti, He  does not hear any sinful word. SHE is brahmavidyA, the
realization produces by vedanta mahAvAkyas, which destroys the sins.

AUM kalmaShaghnyai namaH

>From  Wed Apr  8 22:31:53 1998
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 22:31:53 -0700
To: "Advaita (non-duality) with reverence" <ADVAITA-L at TAMU.EDU>
From: Ram Chandran <chandran at TIDALWAVE.NET>
Subject: Re: ShriirAma establishes a Jyotirlinga - Rameswaram
Comments: To: Advaita <advaita-l at tamu.edu>, Anand Hudli <anandhudli at HOTMAIL.COM>

Anand Hudli <anandhudli at HOTMAIL.COM> writes:

> You are wrong on several counts here! ...........      (omitted)

Greetings Anand:

Though you have stated that I am wrong, I  assume that you just diasgree
with what I said.   We  agree and disagree with our family members  and
will not disrupt any healthy relationship.It is human nature to agree
and disagree.  This is also a part of human weekness.

The questions that I have raised are just hypothetical  but they are
real and  they could come from someone who is not familiar with Hindu
traditions and Sankara's various writings.  Such a person is likely
utter confused because he/she may not understand  the subtle
connections.  The whole purpose of this list is to remove ignorance and
to help members to a right path of life.   The point that I have raised
in my posting is to help Ravi to understand the complexity of  different
issues so that he can prepare a policy with a broader scope.   This is
definitely not a criticism against you for posting such a fine
article.   I was rather surprised that an intelligent and scholarly
person like you to become emotional  and make unnecessary accusations
and subjective judgments of my behavior.  I have directly and implicitly
indicated that I liked your article. I  honestly wanted to make sure
that these articles should have a place under the new guidelines come
into effect.

I am sorry to say that several of  your statments are unnecessarily
harsh and could have been avoided.   I have no control over your
opinions  and your judgements.   I always believed that you are an
intelligent and scholarly person and  I will continue to believe the
same.  If  think that I am responsible for your misunderstanding,   I
want to apologize to you for my imprecise writing style.   With the
Grace of God, I hope to continue to keep a good opinion of you.

I just wanted to make point and I have made my point and I want to leave
and live in peace.

Ram Chandran
9374 Peter Roy Ct.
Burke, VA 22015