the Nature of realization (please ignore previous post)

f. maiello egodust at DIGITAL.NET
Tue Apr 28 18:14:43 CDT 1998

sadananda wrote:

> Blessed Self,
> Enjoyed your discussions.

namaskaar.  Likewise, as usual.

> It could be just the semantics as long as the vision is clear, with no more
> doubts about the nature and the means for mukti, the liberation or
> realization.

> [...]

> Your statement -> In this sense, the
> >jiva can only recognize what is ajnana.  The idea that there is a positive
> >shift in awareness within the jiva itself is one of the most misleading
> >assumptions being made -
>
> This has to be understood clearly.
>
> As long as he is still recognizing aJNaana, he is still in aJNaana since he
> is there to recognize aJNaana.
>
> A true negation by Jiiva involves a dissolution of jiiva itself,  and can
> only occur with the positive assertion of oneself as the self in all -
> Essentially it implies that one cannot truly negate ( I am  obviously
> excluding a process involving thought negating another thought as I am
> not this, neti neti etc.) without the assertion of I am sat chit ananda.
> Both are the same thing looking  differently.

Yes, in the above "assertion of I am sat chit ananda," the I am is thekernal of
brahman, as atman, hid within the spectrum of jiva.  But
the jiva, *unto itself* (which, by definition, is what it believes itself
to be: a separate reality....thus dvaitic), is only mithya.

It's clear that I misunderstood your wording.   I had a feeling it was
this all along.

OM shaanthiH.