Birth and death and rebirth from Advaitist viewpoint

Ashish Chandra achandra at WNMAIL.WNDEV.ATT.COM
Fri Dec 18 12:48:40 CST 1998

Shri Vaidya wrote :

        On Fri, 18 Dec 1998, Ashish Chandra wrote:
> But anyway, how can there be duality.

Does it mean that you see no duality? :-) :-)
> If the jiva is Brahma but unrealized,

I take it you mean Brahman not Brahma (who is considered a person).

I actually meant to say Brahma which is in THIS and in THAT but Neti Neti.
What I was saying was that why do we talk of a jiva at all if it is the
same as Brahma (not Brahman). Am I wrong ? From the point of view that
there is no independent Aatman, I was trying to enquire why we speak of a
jiva which is considered to be with Brahma (one with Brahma ?) according to
Shankara's BSB.

Thank you Vaidyaji, I will search the archives.

Sincerely
Ashish