Kalpasutra/Vedanga?

Gregory Goode goode at DPW.COM
Wed Feb 11 14:54:30 CST 1998

Thank you for the illuminating explanations.  Very succinctly stated!

At 01:30 PM 2/10/98 -0500, Ram Chandran wrote:
>Greetings Greg:
>
>The following paragraphs will partly explain briefly Vedangas and
>Kalpasutras. I am sure that Shri Vidyasankar Sundaresan will give you
>more detailed explanations to your questions. Thanks for bringing these
>questions to the attention of the list members.
>Wish you all the best in your pursuit of Truth and have a nice day.

[... the rest saved but deleted from here ...]

--Greg

Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 08:45:54 -0500
To: "Advaita (non-duality) with reverence" <ADVAITA-L at TAMU.EDU>
From: Ram Chandran <chandran at TIDALWAVE.NET>
Subject: Silence!
Comments: To: Advaita List <Advaita-L at tamu.edu>

Be silent
Silence the will
Silence the hate
Silence the ego
Silence the ignorance
Silence the fear
Silence the body
Silence the mind
Silence the intellect
Silence the action
Silence the death
Silence the spirit
Silence the thought
Be silent!
--
Ram Chandran
9374 Peter Roy Ct.

Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 08:51:35 -0500
To: "Advaita (non-duality) with reverence" <ADVAITA-L at TAMU.EDU>
From: Ram Chandran <chandran at TIDALWAVE.NET>
Comments: To: Advaita List <Advaita-L at tamu.edu>

Quotes on Silence

Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Experience teaches us that silence terrifies people the most.
-- Bob Dylan

I have often regretted my speech, never my silence. -- Publilius Syrus

Silence is one great art of conversation.   -- William Hazlitt
(1778-1830)

Silence speaks with eloquence. -- R. Reiley

Well-timed silence has more eloquence than speech  - Author unknown

Don't talk unless you can improve the silence.  -- Laurence Coughlin

I have learnt silence from the talkative, toleration from the
intolerant,
and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to these
teachers.
-- Kahlil Gibran