Memory, part of the Self?

Chandran, Nanda (NBC) Nanda.Chandran at NBC.COM
Fri Feb 13 08:34:14 CST 1998

Yesterday I was reading Taks with RM and there he explains the relevence
of the three states pointing out that it's not the body or the mind, but
something within which is the witness or the seer to all the three
states. For he says, if there's no such thing, after a deep sleep where
consiousness as we know it is absent, A Johnson might wake up as a
Benson!

Clear enough! But then does it mean that the memory is associated with
the Self? If that's so, how's that after rebirth, when the Self assumes
another living form, we start afresh with no memory of the past birth?

        Because e-mail can be altered electronically,
        the integrity of this communication cannot be guaranteed.