Rebirth???

Chandran, Nanda (NBC) Nanda.Chandran at NBC.COM
Fri Feb 13 13:02:48 CST 1998

One general concept in Advaitam is that upon Realization the mortal will
become immortal. I initially thought that this meant that the Spirit
upon Realization will, at death or after repeated births and at the end
of the prarabdha karma, dissolve with the Universal Spirit and thus no
rebirth.

But later it struck me that Birth and Death are also at the level of the
body and mind only. For if the Soul is truly immortal why do we have to
worry about rebirth at all? So is it that, what the no rebirth concept
really means is, upon enlightment when we truly realize the immortality
of the Soul, we will stop worrying about death and rebirth? But what
happens if we're born again? Will we be enlightened souls? Or should we
go through the same grind again? Ofcourse the masters say naught, but

        Because e-mail can be altered electronically,
        the integrity of this communication cannot be guaranteed.