Truth

Chandran, Nanda (NBC) Nanda.Chandran at NBC.COM
Tue Jan 13 09:25:39 CST 1998

Concerning the current discussion about leaving home and seeking Brahman,
I'd come across something while reading "My experiments with Truth" by MK
Gandhi, which quite tallied with my opinion on the subject. Yesterday I
browsed the book to quote the exact words, but failed to locate it.

Anyway, he says something to this effect :

All escapism is an exercise in futility. For the aspirant who seeks to
contain the triple evils of greed, lust and anger, a spiritually non
congenial environment is but a constant and ideal training ground to steady
the mind and to practice detachment.

He also quotes Nishkulanand who sings, "Renunciation without aversion is not
lasting".

        Because e-mail can be altered electronically,
        the integrity of this communication cannot be guaranteed.