ADMIN: Mass mailing

Ravisankar S. Mayavaram msr at ISC.TAMU.EDU
Mon Jul 13 09:23:15 CDT 1998

namaste

For the past 10 months or more, advaita-L "review" command is accessible
only to the list administrators.  I kept it that way so that none can
get a list of all members easily, with just  one command (even the list
members). I did that in the hope that the list members will not be
subjected to mass mailing.

Prior to that, "review" was open to all members. Today I got a mail from
shrI ajAta sent to big list, many of them are on advaita-L. But I could
see that the addresses (some of them) are old ones.  I write this just to
assure you that the list of addresses on advaita-L is not accessible to
all.

But what you write on the list can be read by anyone, as the archives on
the web is public and can be read by anyone with WWW access. This for your
information.

With respects,
Ravi

http://listserv.tamu.edu/archives/advaita-l.html